NICE is about to rewrite the Maternal and Child Nutrition Guideline, and has put out a call for experts. Most roles have been filled, but there are some important vacancies. Could you join the committee and lend your insight to this important document?
They’re looking for professionals with “demonstrable relevant experience and clinical knowledge in the field of maternal and child nutrition. In particular nutrition and weight management in pregnant women and nutrition in children up to 5 years”.
What experts are they looking for?
The professionals they are particularly seeking to recruit for the committee are:
1. Midwife with expertise in weight management and nutrition during pregnancy
2. Obstetrician or Endocrinologist with expertise in metabolism in relation to pregnancy and infant/young children
3. Commissioner of weight management or exercise/activity prescriptions
4. Clinician/Paediatrician with expertise in brain development and developmental issues/special needs
5. Health psychologist/mental health practitioner with interest in weight management
There are more details here.
They say the applicants should have:
- a commitment to evidence based working, ideally with experience of guideline development processes
- an understanding of systematic reviewing, critical appraisal methods and the role of economics in supporting decision-making
- strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- an ability to communicate complex issues to differing audiences.
If you have any questions, you can contact Lisa Boardman, who is the guideline lead at [email protected] for more information.
How to apply
You can find an information for applicants (Word document) here for:
- the role description and person specification
- information about expenses and how to claim
- the recruitment and selection process
Applicants need to provide the following documents:
- A covering letter, explaining how you meet the criteria in the person specification and explaining your motivation for applying for the post.
- A short CV
- A completed Applicant information form (Word)
- A Declaration of interests form (Word). For guidance on this, please read the declaration of interests policy (PDF) and supporting frequently asked questions (PDF)
Applications must be sent to [email protected] for the attention of Beverly Sullivan by 26th January 2022 at 5.00pm.